EDTA Chelation Therapy
EDTA (EthyleneDiamineTetraAcetic Acid) is a synthetic amino acid related to vinegar. EDTA was developed by the Germans in 1931 to reverse heavy-metal poisoning from the ingestion of lead, mercury, aluminum, cadmium, and more.
- It removes the effects of a heart attack.
- It removes or reduces angina pectoris — chest pains.
- It removes or reduces cardiac stress intolerance.
- It reduces shortness of breath in coronary artery disease.
- It can bring back the elderly from senility, and improve memory and reduce the incidence of Pick’s Atrophy and Alzheimer’s disease.
- It reduces blood pressure in about 60% of high blood pressure patients.
- It can eliminate intermittent claudication (leg cramps and leg pain and numbness due to poor circulation).
- It can reverse diabetic gangrene. It can restore impaired vision, particularly in the diabetic whose suffering from macular degeneration.
- It improves memory, can prevent the deposition of cholesterol in the liver, it reduces blood cholesterol levels, it reverses toxic effects from digitalis excess.
- It can convert and normalize 50% of irregular heart rhythms. Chelation reduces or relaxes excessive heart contraction. It reduces heart irritability and increases potassium within the cells of your body.
- Chelation removes lead and cadmium and other heavy metals from the body.
- It removes calcium from arteriosclerotic plaque. It dissolves kidney stones, reduces serum iron and protects against iron poisoning and iron storage disease of the liver.
- Chelation reduces heart valve calcification, improves heart function and detoxifies several snake and spider venoms. It reduces dark pigmentation associated with varicose veins.
- It heals calcified necrotic ulcers. It can improve the vision in diabetic retinopathy. It dissolves small cataracts. It makes arterial walls more flexible.
- It helps to prevent and reduce osteoarthritis. It reduces and alleviates the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Chelation helps to smooth skin wrinkles, lowers insulin requirements for diabetics. It even dissolves large and small clots or thrombii.
- It can reduce or reverse the effect of a stroke, particularly after the stroke, but even as late as two years following a stroke. It can reduce the effects of scleroderma. It reduces the need for bypass surgical procedures. EDTA can greatly reduce the need for lower extremity amputations.
Grants and aid for research on EDTA chelation therapy have been given by:
- The National Institutes of Health
- The U.S. Public Health Service
- The National Institute of Arthritis and Metabolic Disease
- The University of California
- The American Cancer Society
- The Charles S. Hayden Foundation
- The Oscar Meyer Foundation
- The U.S. Atomic Energy Commission
- The John H. Hartford Foundation Providence Hospital Research Department
- The U.S. Public Health Department — Division of General Medical Sciences
- The Mayo Clinic
- The Mayo Foundation
A search through the medical literature of the past will turn up no less than 1,554 mentions of chelation therapy. Chelation therapy is not a new treatment — it is one of the best guarded secrets that is known for health improvement.
Chelation therapy will remove excessive levels of 13 minerals from your body — lead, mercury, nickel, cadmium, and aluminum — all toxic minerals. It also will remove some good minerals from your body as well — such as chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and calcium. It is important to take mineral supplements to counteract this while on chelation therapy.
What happens if you take chelation therapy for several months and your chest pain disappears, you’re able to walk up a mountain, you feel wonderful and have thrown your nitroglycerine tablets away, and as far as you’re concerned, you’re cured? What will happen to you? If you do nothing after chelation therapy, surely and slowly your disease process will return upon you.
Chelation therapy is not a cure. It backs out disease very well, opens blocked blood vessels, and restores circulation, but it is not a cure. If you do not pay attention to diet, if you don’t stop smoking, if you don’t take the proper nutritional supplements, if you don’t exercise regularly, if you don’t make those very important basic changes which control the disease, then surely the disease process will settle back in upon you at some point in the future.
It is believed that in addition to following good diet and exercise, taking supplements, and not smoking, you should be taking additional maintenance doses of EDTA on a continual basis.
Original at: http://www.naturodoc.com/library/heart/EDTA-about.htm